Hello! This is my first tutorial post. As what you’ve read on the title, I’ll explain steps on how to stream CNBLUE songs (it may also work on songs other than CNBLUE) through Spotify platform with US VPN. If you’re asking why must US VPN, my answer is because it counts on the Billboard charts! (do you remember what Yonghwa said during CNBLUE’s interview on Mnet America while they’re having Blue Moon World Tour back then in 2013? Yes! Billboard chart!😆). So, my intention is hopefully by doing a simple thing like this will help our CNBLUE boys to gain songs chart on Billboard (well, they already made it for Worldwide albums and K-Pop charts there, but hopefully they’ll enter the HOT 200 or maybe HOT 100 this time? Who knows?!😁)
OK, so here I go…
*for Android users
- Make sure you already installed Spotify app on your phone. If you haven’t then you can install it from Google Play Store. Its free!
- If you already have Spotify account, you can directly Login. If you haven’t then you can Sign Up right from the app by clicking the ‘Sign Up’ text and follow the steps. Its easy, just like how you make an account on any social media platform. Make sure you verify your email address! After Sign Up process done, don’t forget to make sure you’re logged in.
- After you have successfully logged in, you can exit from Spotify and go back to Google Play Store to install HOLA VPN. Simply type ‘hola vpn’ to make it short on the search box and find HOLA VPN from the lists, and then install it.
4. After HOLA VPN successfully installed, open it, and it will be looked like this
5. Click Spotify icon, and it will show you this
6. Make sure the flag shown is US flag, and click the “Open” green tab
7. After you clicked the “Open” green tab you’ll see this
Simply checklist the “I trust this application” and clik OK
8. The screen will go blank for a while. It will bring you back to the menu screen of HOLA VPN with some differences. You can see Spotify icon with US flag now (see picture below), it means that you’ve successfully set the connection to US VPN Proxy for Spotify usage
9. Simply click the Spotify icon. It will connects you to the app (with US VPN Proxy connection of course), there will be a text to confirm that you’re using US VPN like shown below
Other way to make sure that you’re already connected with US VPN, you can open your tray (notification panel board) on your phone (without closing the HOLA VPN), like this
10.After it successfully directs you back to the Spotify menu screen, click the Search button (the one in the middle) and type “CNBLUE”, then click FOLLOW button on it
11. You may click the “Shuffle Play” button to randomly listen to any CNBLUE songs, or search for any CNBLUE songs that you want to play. But, since CNBLUE is going to comeback right now, I suggest you all to kindly stream their new songs AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! The more you stream, the better it works for the chart! ^^ While you stream the songs, you can leave it to do other things. It will keep playing on the background.
*for accessing Spotify through web browser
- Make sure you already have Chrome browser installed on your PC. Actually any browser works with Spotify web player, but since we’re going to use VPN with US connection so the best browser that works best for me is Chrome ^^ If you don’t have Chrome web browser, you can install it first (Google it if you don’t know how)
- Open Chrome, click the “Apps” button with colorful grids on the top left, right below the address bar
3. Click the Chrome Web Store icon
4. Type “browsec” on the search box at the top left, then enter
5. This is how the Browsec extension looks. Click the “Add to Chrome” tab
6. Click “Add extension” tab
7. Once you’re succeed, there will be “ADDED” green text as shown on the pic below. The Browsec logo will be pinned to the browser’s top tab (look the yellow circle)
8.After that, open Spotify Web Player on play.spotify.com. Login with your account
Don’t forget to click the “I’m not a robot” square and follow the instructions to verify yourself
9. Once you’re logged in, click the Browsec logo
Turn it ON by clicking the ON-OFF switch tab at the corner right, and then click the “Change” tab
Click “Change” tab right on the United States option
10. Make sure it shown like this, which means you’re using a connection with US VPN. After that, you can search CNBLUE songs on the “Search” icon. Don’t forget to follow if you haven’t!
REMINDER: If you turn on Browsec VPN even before you access Spotify and you succeed to Login, you can continue. BUT, if not, you may try to turn on the Browsec VPN once you accessed and successfully LOGGED IN to Spotify, not right when you start opening the Chrome. You can restart Chrome first and try to do that 🙂
*FEEL FREE to translate it to your own language, kindly put my name (alvianashin) as a credit
*For accessing it through phones, you may use any other VPN application, the use of all VPN are the same. Its only the name of the app that’s different, you only have to make sure you use US connection.
*Statement about Spotify streaming can help songs to gain position on Billboard chart can be seen through billboard.com on FAQ
*If there’s any question regarding to the steps above feel free to ask me on my Twitter @arufianadesu ☺️
*I still need more information regarding on how Spotify-Billboard thingy works so I’d be glad if there are any US Boice who willing to help for more details about it ^^
*My location is in Indonesia. I don’t know about in other countries but I do wish the process can be applied for you all without problems ^^